Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What can I use to make powder eyeshadow glossy? Will vaseline work?

i put water on the brush (but not too much just enough so the brush is moist) then dip the brush in the powder


and it looks glossyish





if you dont want to ruin the powder pour a lil bit out on a tissue or sumthingWhat can I use to make powder eyeshadow glossy? Will vaseline work?
Yes it would work but be careful. Vaseline will come off in a matter of a few minutes, and it will make your eyes sticky and gooey. I'd also be careful if you wear eyeliner and mascara because vaseline is a natural makeup remover. It'll make eyeliner and mascara run. I'd suggest just paying the extra cost and buy liquid eyeshadow. It'll stay on better and work how you want it to.What can I use to make powder eyeshadow glossy? Will vaseline work?
Don't put vaseline on your eye lids. It never dries and your shadow will crease in a few hours. I would try taking your eye cream and mixing it with your powdered shadow. It will not be greasy and you will get the benefit of your eye treatment. I use this trick all the time and it works wonders. Just make sure you are using just a tiny amount of the cream. I mix it on the top of my hand until it turns into almost a thin paste and then brush it on. It also works better if you use a synthetic brush or a brush designed to be used wet or dry. If you use a regular brush you run the risk of ruining your not so cheap brushes. I was an artist for Bare Escentuals for 5 years and used this trick more times then I can count.
it will work but it will smear like crazy and ruin mascara if you are wearing it. there is this stuff called she-lac you can get at sephora.com that is kindof like a clear glue that dries. i use it to keep glitter from getting in my eyes. it may work better than vasoline. whenever i use it i notice extra shine from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles