Friday, June 25, 2010

How do you apply make-up so your eyes look smokey? Do you use both liner and eyeshadow?

I have tried before and I look like a racoon? What are the best products to use and how do you apply them?How do you apply make-up so your eyes look smokey? Do you use both liner and eyeshadow?
I always put a white eyeshadow under my eyebrows, then grey on my eyelids. Afterwards I take a black eyeliner and I line my upper eyelids very thinly. I find if I make the line too thick, it looks very harsh and it makes my eyes look more ';puppyish'; instead of almond-shaped. Then I line the inner rims of my eyes with the black eyeliner. Aftewards I take black eyeshadow and either with an angled eyeliner brush or a wet cottonswab (Q-tip) I draw that triangle on the corner of my eyes. I fill it in with black eyeshadow and then put go over the black eyeliner with the eyeshadow to make it look more softer and the lines less harsh. I then take silver eyeliner and put some in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. Then I finish with a lot of black mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. Remember when you do a smokey-eye look it is best to keep your lips a light colour - such as nude or light pink, or even just to use clear lipgloss. If you wear a dark or bright colour on your lips and smokey eyes, you will only look like a clown.How do you apply make-up so your eyes look smokey? Do you use both liner and eyeshadow?
Things You鈥檒l Need:


**Foundation


**Dark eye shadow


**Dark eye liner


**Eyebrow brush or toothbrush


**Tissue








Step1 Apply foundation to the entire face, including the eyelids and underneath the eyes.





Step2 Swipe a dark brown, black, charcoal or plum eye shadow to your lids using your fingers, starting at the lash line up to the crease. It's easier to smudge the shadow with your finger than maneuvering a shadow brush in such a small area.





Step3 Line the lash line with a dark shade of eyeliner. To make your eyes appear big and beautiful, start at the corner of your eye and stop about 戮 of the way across. Use your fingertip to smudge the line.





Step4


Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler. Open the curler then clamp your eyelashes at the base of the lash. Hold for 10 to 30 seconds.





Step5


Apply 2 coats of mascara. Allow the mascara to dry in between applications. Finish with an extra swipe on the outer corner of each eye to make the outer lashes appear longer and your eyes bigger.





Step6


Comb your eyebrows. Using an eyebrow groomer or a toothbrush, comb the eyebrows up at the innermost corner then up and out along the thinner area.





****Tips %26amp; Warnings


Fold a tissue in half and hold it under your eye to prevent eye shadow from sprinkling below the eye and causing ';raccoon eyes.';
A smokey eye can be tricky and can be easily mistaken for looking racoon-ish. MY fav is MAC cosmetics. I find that my best make up looks can be accomplished through MAC but you use what is comfortable and familiar to you.





For me, my eyes are naturally brown so to do the ';smokey'; look it does not take much and if i do it too dark it closes up my eyes...here are the colours i use and how i use them...


I use 2 specific colours:


MAC: Shadowy Lady (matte), Shale (satin) %26amp; Phloof! (frost)





I start with the Phloof: this is a neutral and light colour and i put it all over the eyelid and the brow bone. I use this first as a base and work up the other colours. I use a large shadow brush for all over application.





With a stiff crease defining brush i start to lightly build up my dark colour Shadowy Lady. I put this mainly in the crease and work it out towards the brow bone. I layer it usually so that i can control how dark i have it. Also, if you start dark it is difficult to chage the look without taking everything off and starting from the beginning.





I then apply my last colour Shale all over the rest of the lid with a small shadow brush.


I go over with the shadowy lady again to define in the crease and i take a fluffy blending shadow brush to blend it evenly and softly out. I will touch up the brow bone with alittle Phloof! at the end.





Finally, I take a fine line eyeliner brush and apply the Shadowy Lady as a liner under and above my eye. This adds the dramatic look. If you feel you want to go even more dramatic line a dark blue or black eyeliner FIRST then set it wit the shadow liner. Use a pencil or shadow smudger if you want to and smudge softly to the outer corners of your eyes. Put on a black or soft black mascara, and if need be clean up any fallen shadow under your eye with powder foundation or fluff it off with a blush brush.





I hope this helps.
Try MAC makeup, use their black eyeshadow or I use graphite paint. It looks really cool and its really pretty. You can't go wrong with MAC. Its trendy and sophisticated. They also show how to apply eyeshadow to make smokey eyes on their website. Check it out
or you can go to any make up counter and they can help you pick out the right shades.





i personally use eye liner and eyeshadow to create the smokey look. the eyeshadow is what gives you the smokey look tho
if you go to sephora, they can show you what colors look best on your skin, how to apply it, and what products to use. :)
yeah u use a smokey pencil eye liner aand darker shades of shadow.....and smudge the liner into the shadow but not completely though..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles